: Daniel SorrentinoDate of Birth
: November 23, 1922Apparent Age
: Late 40sPlace of Birth
: New York CityCurrent Home
: New York CityEyes
: 215 lbsSex
: James HetfieldNature
: (A character's basic personality, their fundamental behavior and perception of the world.)
Soldier: The Soldier is not a blindly loyal follower. While she exists for orders, she does not adhere to them unquestioningly. More independent than a Conformist but too tied into the idea of command to be a Loner, the Soldier applies her own techniques to others' goals. While she may seek command herself someday, her ambitions lie within the established hierarchy and structure. The Soldier has no compunctions about using whatever means necessary to do what needs to be done, so long as the orders to do so came from the right place.
: (The image the character projects to the outside world.)
Rogue: Only one thing matters to the Rogue: herself. To each his own, and if others cannot protect their claims, they have no right to them. The Rogue is not necessarily a thug or bully, however. She simply refuses to succumb to the whims of others. Rogues almost universally possess a sense of self sufficiency. They have their own best interests in mind at all times. Prostitutes, capitalists and criminals all embody the Rogue Archetype
: Wears a ring on his left hand. It's a heavy, old fashioned gold ring with a large garnet in the center held by a dragon's claw. The decorative bits of the ring are, in fact, sharp enough to draw blood.Species
: Human (Ghoul)Domitor
: Alessandro RomeroOccupation
: Bodyguard ("Consigliere" or chief advisor to one of the local Mafia bosses)Humanity 5
: People die. Stuff breaks. A vampire below the cultural human norm has little difficulty with the fact that she needs blood to survive, and she does what needs to be done to get it. Though she won’t necessarily go out of her way to destroy property or end a victim’s life, she accepts that sometimes that’s what fate has in store for some folks. Though not constantly horrid, Kindred at this stage of Humanity are certainly at least mildly unpleasant to be around. Their laissez-faire attitudes toward others’ rights offend many more moral individuals.Merit
- Benevolent Domitor - You must purchase the Domitor Background to buy this Merit. For whatever reason, your domitor is actually rather fond of you. Perhaps your service has been exemplary, or perhaps you simply remind him of someone in his past — given the alien nature of the vampire mind, you may never know for sure. Your domitor treats you with some measure of compassion and does not casually endanger your life. Of course, he still expects you to give your life for his if need be, but until that night, the two of you are something akin to friends.
- Coldly Logical - While some might refer to you as a "cold fish" you have a knack for separating factual reporting from emotional or hysterical coloration. You may or may not be emotional yourself, but you can see clearly when others are clouding the facts with their feelings (-1 difficulty on all Sense Deception and related rolls).
- Pale Aura - Due to some quirk of fate or your reaction to the Blood, your aura is naturally pale. Vampires reading your aura via Auspex assume you to be Kindred unless they have strong reason to suspect otherwise. This Merit can be of great use if you wish to impersonate a vampire, but can also cause some very dangerous misunderstandings.
- Cast No Reflection (Lasombra Ghoul) - You actually cast no reflection, just like the vampire of legend. This can have a very detrimental effect when among normal humans. Vampires of Clan Lasombra automatically have this Flaw (and you may be mistaken for one of them if you possess this) and cannot take it to gain Freebie Points.
- Poseidon's Call - Your self-control varies with the weather. Make rolls to resist frenzy at -1 difficulty in completely calm weather, but +1 difficulty on rough seas, +2 in thunderstorms and +3 in hurricanes.
: (See Alessandro's Disciplines post for ability descriptions) Obtenebration 3, Dominate 3, Potence 2, Fortitude 2History
: Daniel Sorrentino was born on November 23, 1922 in the predominantly Italian neighborhood of East Harlem. He is youngest son of Italian immigrants who arrived in New York from Sicily in 1914. He lived in a run-down, crowded little apartment with his parents and six older brothers and sisters. Along with his siblings, he was on track for a life of crime in the overwhelmingly poor neighborhood when WWII broke out and he was drafted into the Army.
Daniel's unit fought in the war in Europe, first in France, then up through Belgium, Luxembourg, and Germany. Shot in the leg early in 1945, once Italy was freed from German control and Daniel could move on his own, he convinced his commanders to allow him to check on relatives in Sicily before he returned to the US. He was able to visit several cities in Italy before making his way down to Sicily to see relatives.
After learning he was to be discharged from the army, relatives in Sicily helped him get in touch with mafia connections in the US. When Daniel returned to the US, he spent a brief period in a military hospital while doctors checked his leg, before being discharged. He returned home to New York City soon after, and began his career in the mafia.
Daniel Sorrentino met Alessandro Romero in the early 1970's. A fairly successful capo in charge of several soldiers in the family, Daniel's leadership, ability to turn a profit, and a talent for avoiding notice by the police drew the attention of the family's mostly-invisible vampire patron. Convinced Daniel would make a useful tool, the vampire gave him no choice but to accept his blood.
Daniel's performance in the family increased considerably after that. The ghoul showed a talent for learning vampire Disciplines that pleased Alessandro. Thanks to adept use of Dominate and other vampire Disciplines, Daniel's profits for the family and his commitment to keeping the police out of family affairs eventually caught the eye of the underboss of the family, who made Daniel his advisor once he ascended to lead the family.
Daniel Sorrentino currently serves as Alessandro Romero's bodyguard and head of security, in addition to his duties as advisor within the crime family. Though one of his duties to the mafia boss is to keep an eye on Lazarus Corporation activities, as the family makes a tidy profit off of Alessandro Romero's business, it usually ends up being one of the primary means for Alessandro to keep tabs on and control the family's business. Daniel makes unashamed use of Dominate to ensure Alessandro's will is carried out.
As Alessandro's bodyguard and head of security, he's in charge of security for both Lazarus Corporation buildings and Alessandro's yacht, Spectre
. Though his job includes very little actual bodyguard work, except in rare cases of meetings with other Kindred, he is often given fairly complex tasks, some of which Alessandro is physically unable to do himself. This includes silencing failed ghouls. Due to a sufficient knowledge of Dominate, with an appropriate disguise he can practically walk in and out of the area jails.
Daniel currently enjoys status as Alessandro's favorite ghoul and, due to his exemplary performance and intelligence, is a prime candidate for Embrace. He is usually fed Blood nightly, in order to increase his effectiveness and usefulness to Alessandro. Due to the length of time he's been ingesting a high volume of Lasombra blood, Daniel exibits the same flaw as a Lasombra vampire. He has no reflection in any reflective surfaces and his image cannot be captured by cameras. Bright light is uncomfortable for him, though not nearly to the same degree as a Lasombra vampire, and he generally avoids direct sunlight when he can. Additionally, his aura is as pale as a vampire's aura, which has led to misunderstandings in the past.Personality and Skills notes
- As the son of Italian immigrants his knowledge of Italian was mostly limited to the spoken language when he was younger, but he is now a fluent speaker, though he speaks it with a New York accent.
- He has about as much use for computers as his master, and uses smart phones and computers only grudgingly. It's usually easier to convince someone else to hack a computer than to learn to do it himself.
- Excellent shot with both hand guns and larger rifles. He's been taught how to use a sword by Alessandro and regularly trains with the vampire. He has a gladius similar to his master's that he carries when he's on business for Alessandro.
- He finds mirrors creepy, especially since he stopped showing up in them, and avoids them like the plague.
- Though his first duty is to his master, he enjoys rock, especially classic rock, and tries not to miss major concerts.
- Has been investigated numerous times for his crimes in relation to the crime family, but mysteriously, each and every investigation has ended in the early stages and evidence tends to go missing. Has never been convicted or jailed.
- The fact that he's in his 90s but hasn't aged a day since the early 1970's is an open secret among those high up in the crime family. Subtle use of both Dominate and threats guarantees that no one has talked. His current driver's license lists him as 46 years old.